Sunday, October 25, 2009

PLN 17

When the article "Is Starbucks Killing Community" by David Warlick came across me it described his opinion on how people came to starbucks to enjoy sitting down with their laptops. When I sat down and started reading the article thoroughly it made me a little upset. It feels as if the topic sentence didn't say the same ideal about the rest of the article. As the article keeps going on it says something about how much a coffee costs Starbucks to make. In the end they never tell me how much it costs Starbucks to make a coffee which made me dissapointed. That was one major reason i was spending time and detail as I read through this article. David Warlick has dissapointed me and I hope he will do better work in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I have to disagree with you. I thought the article was very well written. It discussed how society has changed. You used to be able to walk into a coffee house and hear discussions, but now you can walk into Starbucks and you only hear the clacking of keyboards on laptops. Everyone is in their own little world. The amount of money Starbucks must pay to make coffee is the name of a book and is irrelevant to the issue in the article.

    ReplyDelete